Shake Your Soul®
Shake Your Soul® :
The Yoga of Dance is an experience of dancing from the inside out. In this unique approach to mind-body exercise you discover your soul in motion. In addition to all the traditional benefits of exercise, you experience the added joy of your spirit inspiring you, inspiring your movement and bringing inspiration to your life!
Also your clarity of mind increases as your brain’s motor center, the cerebellum is in full swing. Neuroscientific research points to the power of dance as one of the best ways a way to create mental clarity and health.
You can become a teacher of Shake Your Soul and bring this spirit rockin’ and soul shakin’ experience to your own community. Your students will discover the union of body and spirit that is so unique to yoga but with the play, joy and flow of dance!
Feeling and expressing joy is at the core of Shake Your Soul. We can “train” our brain through our bodies to experience joy! Along with experiencing joy we can train our body-mind to experience other states of well-being as we learn to move with a sense of freedom, relaxation, strength, power, heartfullness and grace.
When you attend the teacher training you learn how to help retrain the nervous system to become more fluid in accessing these inner states of joy, power, grace and freedom through movement. Burn calories as you dance towards enlightenment!
- Release body tensions that inhibit your flow of energy and learn to trust your body’s intrinsic ability to dance.
- Find the richness of expression underneath your own skin and the permission to meet and express the fullness of self.
- Strengthen your pelvic and visceral core, which holds the fuel source of your energy.
- Awaken your chakras or body energy centers through music and movement!
- Connect with others, experiencing community and support through dance.
- Learn a dynamic repertoire of fluid and powerful movements and a class structure that gives you everything you need to teach with confidence and joy.
- Embody a range of movement qualities that brings depth and richness to your classes.
- Experience practice teaching opportunities where you will be fully supported in becoming a leader, to lead others from your embodied dancer within.
- Gain mastery of movement as you explore and embody the 6 fluid qualities and repertoire.
- Receive a rich resource of music and education in finding songs and artists that inspire dance and will have your students shaking their souls!
View the calendar page for more information about upcoming Level 1 and Level 2 trainings.